Characteristic – BLE service characteristic¶
Stores information about a BLE service characteristic and allows reading and writing of the characteristic’s value.
Characteristic(uuid, *, broadcast=False, indicate=False, notify=False, read=False, write=False, write_no_response=False)¶
Create a new Characteristic object identified by the specified UUID.
- uuid (bleio.UUID) – The uuid of the characteristic
- broadcast (bool) – Allowed in advertising packets
- indicate (bool) – Server will indicate to the client when the value is set and wait for a response
- notify (bool) – Server will notify the client when the value is set
- read (bool) – Clients may read this characteristic
- write (bool) – Clients may write this characteristic; a response will be sent back
- write_no_response (bool) – Clients may write this characteristic; no response will be sent back
boolspecifying if the characteristic allows writing to its value without response. (read-only)
The UUID of this characteristic. (read-only)