CircuitPython helper library for displaying a slideshow of images on a display.
- Author(s): Kattni Rembor, Carter Nelson, Roy Hooper, Melissa LeBlanc-Williams
Software and Dependencies:
- Adafruit CircuitPython firmware for the supported boards: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/releases
Defines possible horizontal alignment orders.
Defines possible slideshow playback directions.
The next image is before the current image. When alphabetically sorted, this is towards A.
The next image is after the current image. When alphabetically sorted, this is towards Z.
Defines possible slideshow playback orders.
Orders by alphabetical sort of filenames
Randomly shuffles the images
SlideShow(display, backlight_pwm=None, *, folder='/', order=0, loop=True, dwell=3, fade_effect=True, auto_advance=True, direction=1, h_align=1, v_align=1)¶
Class for displaying a slideshow of .bmp images on displays.
- folder (str) – Specify the folder containing the image files, in quotes. Default is
the root directory,
- order (PlayBackOrder) – The order in which the images display. You can choose random
RANDOM) or alphabetical (
ALPHABETICAL). Default is
- loop (bool) – Specify whether to loop the images or play through the list once.
Trueif slideshow will continue to loop,
Falseif it will play only once. Default is
- dwell (int) – The number of seconds each image displays, in seconds. Default is 3.
- fade_effect (bool) – Specify whether to include the fade effect between images.
Truetells the code to fade the backlight up and down between image display transitions.
Falsemaintains max brightness on the backlight between image transitions. Default is
- auto_advance (bool) – Specify whether to automatically advance after dwell seconds.
Trueif slideshow should auto play,
Falseif you want to control advancement manually. Default is
- direction (PlayBackDirection) – The playback direction.
- h_align (HorizonalAlignment) – The Horizontal alignment of smaller/larger images
- v_align (VerticalAlignment) – The Vertical alignment of smaller/larger images
Example code for Hallowing Express. With this example, the slideshow will play through once in alphabetical order:
from adafruit_slideshow import PlayBackOrder, SlideShow import board import pwmio slideshow = SlideShow(board.DISPLAY, pwmio.PWMOut(board.TFT_BACKLIGHT), folder="/", loop=False, order=PlayBackOrder.ALPHABETICAL) while slideshow.update(): pass
Example code for Hallowing Express. Sets
dwellto 0 seconds, turns
auto_advanceoff, and uses capacitive touch to advance backwards and forwards through the images and to control the brightness level of the backlight:
from adafruit_slideshow import PlayBackOrder, SlideShow, PlayBackDirection import touchio import board import pwmio forward_button = touchio.TouchIn(board.TOUCH4) back_button = touchio.TouchIn(board.TOUCH1) brightness_up = touchio.TouchIn(board.TOUCH3) brightness_down = touchio.TouchIn(board.TOUCH2) slideshow = SlideShow(board.DISPLAY, pwmio.PWMOut(board.TFT_BACKLIGHT), folder="/", auto_advance=False, dwell=0) while True: if forward_button.value: slideshow.direction = PlayBackDirection.FORWARD slideshow.advance() if back_button.value: slideshow.direction = PlayBackDirection.BACKWARD slideshow.advance() if brightness_up.value: slideshow.brightness += 0.001 elif brightness_down.value: slideshow.brightness -= 0.001
Displays the next image. Returns True when a new image was displayed, False otherwise.
Enable auto-advance based on dwell time. Set to
Falseto manually control.
Brightness of the backlight when an image is displaying. Clamps to 0 to 1.0
Returns the current image name.
Specify the playback direction. Default is
PlayBackDirection.FORWARD. Can also be
The number of seconds each slide displays, in seconds.
Whether to include the fade effect between slides.
Truetells the code to fade the backlight up and down between slide display transitions.
Falsemaintains max brightness on the backlight between slide transitions.
Get or Set the Horizontal Alignment
Specifies whether to loop through the slides continuously or play through the list once.
Truewill continue to loop,
Falsewill play only once.
The order in which the images display. You can choose random (
RANDOM) or alphabetical (
Updates the slideshow to the next image.
Get or Set the Vertical Alignment
- folder (str) – Specify the folder containing the image files, in quotes. Default is the root directory,
Defines possible vertical alignment orders.